Fixed! Re: Recovery from p5-io-compress-zlib conflicts with p5-io-compress?

Brandon Allbery allbery at kf8nh.com
Fri Sep 25 20:41:38 PDT 2009

On Sep 25, 2009, at 10:03 , David Corking wrote:
> Fixed (at least it looks fixed.)   I had not realised that 'clean' can
> clean the registry.  All it took to recover was
> $ sudo port clean p5-io-compress

I don't think it does.  It *does* clean the flags in the port's build
area that indicate what the port thinks its own state is; if the
"installed" flag is set there but the port wasn't actually installed
(i.e. isn't entered in the registry), you would get the error you
did.  Based on experience from freebsd ports I would do a full clean
and try again in that case.

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu