gtk based apps on snow leopard: segmentation fault

Denis Maligin denis at maligin.de
Mon Sep 28 12:44:57 PDT 2009

Dear All,

after the fresh installation of snow leopard (10.6) I am not able to run
any gtk-based application anymore: after small delay I get segmentation
fault.

I've tried everything, reinstalling the OS, get MacPorts from svn - no
luck. From bluefish to gtk-chtheme - segmentation fault. But everything
else works perfectly fine.

My system:

OSX 10.6.1, MacPorts 1.8.99 from svn, Xcode 3.2, X11 from Apple and also
xorg-server-devel server (1.6.4-apple1) from MacPorts

Affected applications:

bluefish, bluefish-devel, gtk-chtheme, gimp:

mb:~ denis$ bluefish
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".
[about 30 sec of timeout]
Segmentation fault

A crash report is created and attached in this mail.

Am I the only one with this problem? Am I missing something?

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Denis Maligin