Using macports dylibs without macports

Paul Dennis Simonson psimonso at illinois.edu
Mon Sep 28 15:23:08 PDT 2009

All of the *.a files build just fine using MacPorts.  I build and link
my programs using XCode 3.2, and the build is successful when I build
a command line utility and link to the *.a files.  However, the
program is looking for the *.dylib files when I try to run the program
on another computer and of course fails to find them!