Inkscape-bin crash: was "Re: Inkscape crazy slow"

~suv suv-sf at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 29 07:54:45 PDT 2009

On 29/9/09 15:07, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:

> I wish I could get to crazy slow. When I launch, I get "inkscape-bin
> quit unexpectedly" then a problem report to send to Apple.
>
> I upgraded (uninstalled, then installed) libxml to no avail. Any
> thoughts on this? I'm not sure how to replace the libxml.dylib with a
> newer version (or where to find one). I did try replacing
> /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib with
> /opt/local/var/macports/software/libxml2/2.7.3_0/opt/local/lib/libxml2.2.7.3.dylib
> (renamed, of course) to no avail. Does anybody else have this problem or
> better, know a solution?

<...>

> Dyld Error Message:
>   Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
>   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/DictionaryServices.framework/Versions/A/DictionaryServices
>   Reason: Incompatible library version: DictionaryServices requires version 10.0.0 or later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 9.0.0

This is not related to MacPorts - I assume you use the pre-built binary
package Inkscape 0.46-2 from sf.net? This version doesn't run on Snow
Leopard due to incompatible library versions, the issue has been fixed
for 0.47.

Please try the latest prerelease package 'Inkscape 0.47pre3-2 Leopard+'
from <http://sourceforge.net/projects/inkscape/files/inkscape/0.47pre3/>

This is bug #392693 in Inkscape: “Conflict between bundled and system
libxml dylib”: <https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/392693>

hth, ~suv