MacPorts 1.8.1 has been released

Ralph Pass rppass at rppass.com
Tue Sep 29 13:47:54 PDT 2009

More information:

doing a lipo -info /Libary/Tcl/macports1.0/Macports.dylib shows that on
the system that works, the architecture is x86_64 and on the one that
does not work, the architecture is i386.  Both cases the gcc is
gcc-4.2.  Further the dates on the Macports.dylib file is the time of
the sudo port selfupdate.

So why did the selfupdate use architecture i386 (and I know that Snow
Leopard now defaults to x87_64 rather than i386)?

Ralph Pass