ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 1 08:36:50 PDT 2010
On Apr 1, 2010, at 09:22, Fernando Martín wrote:
> I am a new user of Macports. As an initial test, I have installed the
> python26 port and I am a bit surprised that after the installation and
> cleaning process (port clean), the opt folder is about 600 MB. Is this
> I have seen that the precompiled distribution file from python.org is
> about 20 MB.
> Is there any method to reduce the space?
Several things could occupy unneeded space.
* unfinished builds (if you interrupted a build, or if a build failed): remove them with "sudo port clean all"
* distfiles: remove them with "sudo port clean --dist all"
* or remove both distfiles and unfinished builds simultaneously with "sudo port clean --all all"
* inactive ports: uninstall them with "sudo port uninstall inactive"
* unneeded ports: identify and uninstall them with the port_cutleaves tool
More information about the macports-users