Errors upgrading libao

John J. Foster Macports at festus.festusandsimone.org
Sun Apr 4 08:26:51 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm getting the following output while trying to upgrade. I have already
done a sudo port clean libao.

Not sure how to proceed.

Thanks.

festus at magpie ~/src/mutt $ sudo port upgrade outdated
--->  Computing dependencies for libao
--->  Fetching libao
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for libao
--->  Extracting libao
--->  Applying patches to libao
Error: Target org.macports.patch returned: shell command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_audio_libao/work/libao-1.0.0"
&& /usr/bin/patch -p0 <
'/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/audio/libao/files/patch-AU-src__plugins__macosx__ao_macosx.c'"
returned error 1
Command output: patching file src/plugins/macosx/ao_macosx.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 29.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 39.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 51.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 64.
src/plugins/macosx/ao_macosx.c.rej

Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to
get complete output.

--
It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.