Exif data reading from the command line

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sun Apr 4 14:53:25 PDT 2010

I am looking for something to easily read mostly image exif data.  Arbitrary file data such as mp3 tags and other misc file attributes would be a plus.

Right now, I will open an image in Photoshop, or an image editor, using their tools to read the exif file data.  Sometimes there are extended attributes as well, though I wonder if I am seeing them all.

The entire process takes too long.  It would also be nice to be able to clear the data

port search exif brings up a nice batch of stuff.  Any suggestions?  I am looking for a pretty simple `./whatever image.jpg` and be done with it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

* If anyone has a particular software they like that does not have a port, that works too, I would be happy to make a Portfile.