"make clean all" error go-devel: Unable to open port: unsupported architecture ppc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 5 11:11:27 PDT 2010

On Apr 5, 2010, at 06:24, Justin Dearing wrote:

> I can't believe I can't find an reference to this error message, but at least this thread archive will show up in google. "make clean all" is failing on my G4 powerbook. Is there a different syntax I should bu using?
>
> --->  Cleaning gnutls
> Error: Unable to open port: unsupported architecture ppc

The problem was the way in which the port after gnutls (go-devel) checks architectures. I fixed it in r66071. The reason you probably did not find a reference to this problem is that it did not exist before r65262 which was only 12 days ago. The number of PowerPC users is dwindling, and I guess none of the remaining ones ran "port clean all" in the past 12 days, or, if they did, they did not report the problem to us.

> Also, is there a different sequence I should use for "upgrade everything" than
>
> port clean all && port selfupdate && port upgrade outdated

That should be fine. "port clean all" should not usually be necessary, though it should not cause any harm nor an error message. If you encounter any other problems with this please let us know.