searching the archives

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Apr 11 03:46:40 PDT 2010

On 2010-04-11 00:14 , joseph davison wrote:
> Is there any way to search the mailing list archives (other than the obvious, not-quite-manual)?
>
> If wishes were granted, there'd be a search box on the archive index page or the list-info page...
>
> I mean, multi file grep isn't all that new a technology, eh?

That should be a request to the mailman folks. pipermail does not
provide a search functionality by default.

There are multiple searchable third-party archives on the web. I just
updated the list on the wiki, please see
  http://trac.macports.org/wiki/MailingLists#archives

Note that they might also allow to post messages, but you still need to
be subscribed.

Rainer