Upgrade dependents to universal?

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Apr 14 19:09:42 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 21:37, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> Well, not built-in, but it wouldn't be too hard to script. Probably something like this would work:
>
> for p in $(port info --line --depends_lib wine-devel | sed 's/,/ /g')
> do
> sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants $(echo $p | sed 's/.*://') +universal
> done

But, then there are the dependents of dependents that might need to be
universal as well.  This would need to using port-rdeps rather than
just port.

I will say that this is part of the reason that I have "+universal"
selected as a default in my variants.conf file.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp eabb6fe6 d47c500f b2458f5d a7cc7abb f81c4e00