Updated libvmime

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 15 00:09:44 PDT 2010

On Apr 15, 2010, at 01:53, Gabriele Kahlout wrote:

> I'm new to macports, and the idea is really great. However, I need to
> install libvmime, and the port available is of a version released in
> 2005, for which current code examples and documentation is not
> available. Could you update it?

When you find a port that needs to be updated, you should file a port update request in the issue tracker. In this case, such a request has already been filed:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/22474

> It would be wonderful if ports where regularly updated.

Many of our ports are regularly updated. Unfortunately libvmime is one of the ports that do not have a maintainer. Anyone is welcome to volunteer to become an abandoned port's maintainer, or to attach patches to tickets to fix them.