Compiling gimp

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 20:57:12 PDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> I should point out that installing gimp with MacPorts is an enormous endeavor, with almost 200 dependencies. This will take a lot of time to build, and I don't know if every one of these ports is in working order at this point in time. There is a standalone gimp binary for Mac OS X you can download which would probably be a lot simpler and less error-prone.

Well, I can confirm that it does build. Not universal, but it does.

It took over a day on my machine just to build GCC 4.3. Gimp itself
was fast in comparison :-).

Why does it build 5 different versions of docbook?
--
Political and economic blog of a strict constitutionalist
http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.com