mesa universal

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 17 17:16:06 PDT 2010

On Apr 17, 2010, at 15:22, Thomas De Contes wrote:

> Le 8 déc. 09 à 00:54, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>
>> I added that more recently while 1.1.33 was current (r60835, 2009-11-25). So upgrading to 1.1.34 is the first time you would encounter this new check.
>
> has it made mesa no longer compatible with mac os x 10.4 ?

No, but updating mesa to 7.8.1 has, for now, made it incompatible with 10.4 on PowerPC. There's a ticket in the issue tracker but we can't seem to figure out how to resolve it at this time.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24393

>> It will likely tell you yet another library is not of the right architecture, and therefore needs to be rebuilt universal.
>
> is it planned to make a mechanism to rebuilt automatically what is needed ?

I believe Joshua already coded this into MacPorts trunk, which will eventually become MacPorts 1.9.0.