Where is GPG?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 18 10:49:56 PDT 2010

On Apr 18, 2010, at 12:38, Michael_google gmail_Gersten wrote:

> Do I want GnuPG or GnuPG2?
>
> Even after going to the home page for the gnu software, I can't tell.
> Apparently, version 2 has a different architecture, but version 1 is
> still maintained, and it isn't clear what benefit V2 has over V1.

I don't know, but I would start by trying the latest version.

> And why is there gnupg12 in the port tree? Do I want that? (It looks
> like an earlier version)

You most probably don't want it. It was created 5 years ago as a compatibility version for software which was not yet compatible with gnupg 1.4.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/2579

Surely such an ancient version is utterly uninteresting by now. There are no ports that depend on it. We should most probably delete it.