install of `sbcl' failed

joerg van den hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Mon Apr 26 08:28:51 PDT 2010

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:06:17 +0200, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org>
wrote:

> On 2010-04-26 16:46 , joerg van den hoff wrote:
>> I see there is a 'no such file' problem but how does this come about?
>> any
>> ideas?

thanks for the quick reply!

> Which version of MacPorts are you using? It is currently failing with

current (1.8.2.)

> trunk as the order changed in which platform blocks are evaluated.

sorry for posting (and not checking the tickets) if it is known already.
any hope for a solution soon? or is there a workaround (an easy one, that
is)?

another point: `sbcl' has to be installed as a dependency of the computer
algebra system `maxima' which is
written in lisp.

prior to my todays upgrading of the package descriptions there was a
variant

sudo port install maxima +clisp

which worked (i.e. clisp installed without problem)

by using `clisp' instead of the default `sbcl' as the lisp interpreter.
now (after updating the package list), this variant is gone.
since maxima seems to have no maintainer I might probably ask here as
well: does somebody know, why the `clisp' variant is
gone (it would help for now to get maxima running again...)?

thanks

joerg