install of `sbcl' failed

joerg van den hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Mon Apr 26 08:47:18 PDT 2010

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:39:58 +0200, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org>
wrote:

> On 2010-04-26 17:28 , joerg van den hoff wrote:
>>> Which version of MacPorts are you using? It is currently failing with
>>
>> current (1.8.2.)
>>
>>> trunk as the order changed in which platform blocks are evaluated.
>>
>> sorry for posting (and not checking the tickets) if it is known already.
>> any hope for a solution soon? or is there a workaround (an easy one,
>> that
>> is)?
>
> It is supposed to work with 1.8.2, so this is not what I thought
> initially. Works fine for me with 1.8.2 on Snow Leopard as I just tested.

which is of course good to know but makes me only partially happy ;-)

especially my snow leopard installation of macports is overall quite young
(a few month)
and has had not that much time to become messed up, inconsistent or
whatever. anyhow, something
seems to be different for my setup. and I see the same problem on 10.5 ppc
machine with an independent
macports setup...

my question:
can I do any further testing and/or provide further information which
would help to corner the problem?

regards,
joerg