choosing SDK for macports

Dominik Reichardt domiman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 02:30:58 PDT 2010

Am 28.04.2010 um 23:35 schrieb Ryan Schmidt:

>>> The default flags listed there for PowerPC Tiger, minus the -arch ones,
>>> are what you need to use the 10.4u SDK.
>>
>> I just tried and it fails for me on SDL's configure with the error "configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables"
>> I attached a zip with the port file, the port install debug output and the config.log.
>
> config.log says:
>
> configure:2608: /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -I/opt/local/include -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk conftest.c  >&5
> ld: library not found for -lcrt1.10.5.o
>
> You probably still need to set MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to 10.4. In MacPorts, that's the configure.macosx_deployment_target variable.

Thanks, I couldn't get that to work with configure.macosx_deployment_target variable, it seemed as if MacPorts does not know that variable, and judging from the MacPorts 1.6.0 changelog, that variable was indeed removed.
Adding -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 to the compiler AND linker flags did the trick, though. Many thanks for pointing the way!!!
It did build and install, now I only need to test how my static building of Exult fares :)

Dom