necessary info

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Thu Apr 29 03:17:35 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 8:19 AM, John B Brown <jbb at vcn.com> wrote:
> jbb at pinball3:~
> (1): % otool -L
> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib:
>
>  /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
> (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
>
>  /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJPEG.dylib
> (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
>        /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
> 1.2.3)
>        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
> version 125.0.1)
> jbb at pinball3:~
> (2): % md5
> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
> MD5
> (/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib)
> = 7fee7ba9b094ba84ba1ca0db2033a825

Your otool output for libTIFF.dylib and its md5 seems to be fine, they
are the same as on my machine. As Michael suggest it could be some env
variable.

At the moment it seems you have three versions of X Windows System,
X11.app from install disc and XFree86 and xorg from ports, maybe
there's some conflict.

A few things I'd try:
- create a new user and try launching /Applications/Utility/X11.app from there
- uninstall macports' XFree86 and xorg and try X11.app
- install XQuartz from <http://xquartzmacosforge.org>

--
Andrea

P.S.
Would you mind cutting off a dozen rows from signature?