necessary info

John B Brown jbb at vcn.com
Thu Apr 29 10:36:55 PDT 2010

Dear Folk,

	After remembering I still have Applecare, I called support and asked
how to uninstall the X11 installed set. I never realized the ease with
which a package can be uninstalled on this system; remove it from the
install folder in Finder, put it on the desktop, and reboot. Being a
belt and suspender sort of guy, I trashed both the plist and the app
before the reboot.

	Not so difficult after all.

	So, now I'll install XQuartz-2.5.0; the present installed OS is
supplied from the MacOSUpdCombo10.6.3v1.1.dmg which may have broken X11
when it went in. Who's to know?

	Shalom,

	John B. Brown.
	[jbb at vcn.com]
	358 High Street,
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes"  Mahatma Gandhi
"If any question why we died, tell them,
because our fathers lied."  Rudyard Kipling
"A man who does not know the truth is just an idiot
but a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie
is a crook."  Bertolt Brecht
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it."  Mark Twain