uninstall help please

Scott Mc Laughlin mugloch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 10:27:08 PDT 2010

hi,

this is my first time using macports, I have poor skills and limited
experience with non drag'n'drop installations so hopefully this makes sense
to you. I'm on OSX 10.6.3

I installed macports then ran the selfupdate, I had to leave and I think the
computer went to sleep while the update was happening (it had been running
40mins before I had to leave). Now the port command is not functioning, nor
is the the uninstall command working. In both cases I get the errors below.
Can I delete it all and start again? (I'm trying to load libvorbis so that I
can use Icecast streaming).

Thanks,
Scott

scott-mc:~ scott$ sudo port -d selfupdate
Password:
dlopen(/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib, 10): no
suitable image found.  Did find:
 /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib: no matching
architecture in universal wrapper
    while executing
"load /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib"
    ("package ifneeded Pextlib 1.0" script)
    invoked from within
"package require Pextlib 1.0"
    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 40)