uninstall help please

John B Brown jbb at vcn.com
Fri Apr 30 10:47:34 PDT 2010

Dear Scott,

	If you wish to uninstall macports and try over again here are directions.

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html

	Works for me.

On 4/30/10 11:27 AM, Scott Mc Laughlin wrote:
> hi,
>
> this is my first time using macports, I have poor skills and limited
> experience with non drag'n'drop installations so hopefully this makes sense
> to you. I'm on OSX 10.6.3
>
> I installed macports then ran the selfupdate, I had to leave and I think the
> computer went to sleep while the update was happening (it had been running
> 40mins before I had to leave). Now the port command is not functioning, nor
> is the the uninstall command working. In both cases I get the errors below.
> Can I delete it all and start again? (I'm trying to load libvorbis so that I
> can use Icecast streaming).
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>

> scott-mc:~ scott$ sudo port -d selfupdate
> Password:
> dlopen(/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib, 10): no
> suitable image found.  Did find:
>   /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib: no matching
> architecture in universal wrapper
>      while executing
> "load /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib"
>      ("package ifneeded Pextlib 1.0" script)
>      invoked from within
> "package require Pextlib 1.0"
>      (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 40)

	Shalom,

	John B. Brown.
	[jbb at vcn.com]
	358 High Street,
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes"  Mahatma Gandhi
"If any question why we died, tell them,
because our fathers lied."  Rudyard Kipling
"A man who does not know the truth is just an idiot
but a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie
is a crook."  Bertolt Brecht
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it."  Mark Twain