Can't install port mc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Apr 30 23:21:27 PDT 2010

On May 1, 2010, at 01:13, Алексей Войленко wrote:

> 01.05.2010, в 13:08, Ryan Schmidt написал(а):
>
>> On May 1, 2010, at 01:02, Алексей Войленко wrote:
>>
>>> Can't install port "mc"
>>> the dependent port "gperf" is not download from any ftp
>>>
>>> --->  Attempting to fetch gperf-3.0.4.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.chg.ru/pub/gnu/gperf
>>> DEBUG: Fetching failed:: Timeout was reached
>>>
>>> I go to in this ftp source with my internet browser, but port "gperf-3.0.4.tar.gz"
>>> is present to this path - ftp://ftp.chg.ru/pub/gnu/gperf
>>>
>>> I don't know as to solve this problem... Please help me!
>>
>> Something is wrong with your network. Do you use a proxy server? If so, specify it in macports.conf. Ask your network administrator for additional assistance if that doesn't work.
>
> My network work correctly, i don't use proxy, i use direct connect - NAT (port selfupdate work correctly)

Then I'm not sure why it's not working. Maybe someone else has some other troubleshooting ideas to suggest.

If you can download the distfiles manually, you can put them in the directory MacPorts looks for them in:

/opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/${name}

where ${name} is the name of the port.

Remember to Reply All so your reply goes to the list too, not just to me.