Reinstalling ports from a Port Archive

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Aug 3 17:09:37 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 17:22, Jeff Singleton <gvibe06 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I just assumed it would do this automatically ... I will check
> with the -b here shortly.

As long as the archives are in the correct place and match the
requested variants it should be automatic.
The archives must match the version as well.

Try running "port clean" for each port.

Maybe post the debug output for an example port?  You can kill it once
it starts to download the source archive.
And the contents of each directory under
/opt/local/var/macports/packages/.  Could be a lot if you have many.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp eabb6fe6 d47c500f b2458f5d a7cc7abb f81c4e00