libvpx: virtual memory exhausted

tome at qx.net tome at qx.net
Wed Aug 4 10:57:48 PDT 2010

The below ticket was closed telling me to use macport gmake.  I just
went through this gmake thing a week or so ago.  At the time I was
told to reinstall Xcode 2.5 (  i.e. gmake 3.80 in /usr/bin ) and to
sudo port -d selfupdate, which puts gmake 3,81 in /opt/local/bin, and
that is the way things stand now.  If I did sudo port install libpvx,
why would macport use the /usr/bin/gmake?
Guidance please.  Thanks, Tom