rb-activesupport bad checksums and failing to install

Jeff Singleton gvibe06 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 05:41:43 PDT 2010

I've been installing from Rubygems ... but some things argue about
where my gems are installed.  I can put the gems bin folder in my
path, and there is always one that just doesn't like it.

I guess the biggest thing is that error message ... I think maybe its
the version number being part of the gem install command.  "ERROR:
could not find gem
/opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/ruby/activesupport-2.2.2"

I'm going to try and mod the Portfile so it does not include the
version # in the gem install command and see what I come up with.

I don't consider myself to be a dev ... but I can read and understand
most languages and can search for errors, sometimes I can even fix the
code -- though I couldn't explain it if asked.