warnings on upgrade to qt-mac @4.6.3_5

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Aug 11 13:38:03 PDT 2010

I received the warning too, and imagined that an old version of the Portfile must have included this code, and that the code wasn't quite right, at least not in all cases.

On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:01, Michael Dickens wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:57 -0500, Adam Mercer wrote:
>> $ grep "\?honon" `port dir qt4-mac`/Portfile
>
> Interesting again.  Try this & see if either generates the warning:
> {{{
> sudo port deactivate qt4-mac
> sudo port activate qt4-mac
> }}}
> If not, then it makes me wonder if the Portfile upon install is saved
> with the "software" of the port (found in
> ${prefix}/var/macports/software ). - MLD

Yes, as of MacPorts 1.9.0, upon install, the installed Portfile is saved somewhere (not sure where) so that, at uninstall time, that Portfile's deactivate phase can be run (since there is no guarantee that, if a port author updates a Portfile, the *new* deactivate phase, if any, will be appropriate for the version of the port that is already installed).