Tangential Topic: MacPorts PHP code broken by OS X update?

John Korchok jkorchok at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 09:54:30 PDT 2010

I am unable to find a forum that can answer this question, please let me
know where I might find an answer.

I am using MacPorts PHP 5.3 on Leopard. I have lots of code that was working
perfectly fine until I applied the 2010-004 security update (among others)
this past weekend. Now I am getting:

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class EmployeeTable in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/profile/EmployeeTable.php on line 4"

after signing in. None of the PHP has been changed.

- "which php" answers "/opt/local/bin/php", so that hasn't changed.
- We only upgraded the OS, none of the ports, so the version of PHP hasn't
changed.

Ever since upgrading to PHP 5.3, I've seen way more of these "cannot
redeclare" errors on code that otherwise seems fine. Googling the term just
gets me pages of people who have accidentally declared a class twice. I
can't find anything on what could cause previously good code to suddenly
generate this error. Thanks for any help or redirection to a more
appropriate forum.

John Korchok