;claws-mail' installs, but won't run

Dushan Mitrovich dushanm at spinn.net
Tue Aug 17 11:51:26 PDT 2010

I just installed 'claws-mail at 3.7.6', apparntly successfully, but when I
try to launch it from terminal (after launching X11) I get the expected
message 'Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0"'.  From the
message board I've gathered that this is harmless, but nothing else
happens: the text cursor drops to the next line and sits there blinking,
and no claws window has shown up.  What am I missing; what should
happen?  I'm running Snow Leopard (6.4).

Thanks for the help.

- Dushan Mitrovich