rubber dependencies

Emmanuel Hainry milosh at macports.org
Fri Aug 20 07:07:36 PDT 2010

Citando Michael Williams :

> Hi,
>
> rubber is a Python script for compiling LaTeX documents. According to its README, a manual install only requires Python > 2.2 (which is of course pre-installed on OS X). It doesn't really make sense to install it on a system without TeX, of course, but that is not a strict installation requirement. Regardless, I already have MacTeX installed.

Good. As rubber just depends on some binary named latex to be installed
(and if none is present chooses to install texlive), adding a symlink
latex in /opt/local/bin pointing to /usr/texbin/latex is enough to
satisfy the texlive dependency.

Concerning python, rubber works very well with osx 10.4 and 10.5's
python, if you really don't want any python installed by macports, it is
only a matter of writing a 5th variant.