makeicns compile error

Bee 200309 at calcentral.com
Sun Aug 22 09:17:41 PDT 2010

On Sat Aug 21 16:16:11 PDT 2010 Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> I created one that is working on my system. Just for fun I used the
> our makeicns program to create a nice icon.

Read recently about makeicns and tried to compile but got an error.

What is the problem? and solution?

$ sudo port install makeicns
--->  Computing dependencies for makeicns
--->  Fetching makeicns
--->  Attempting to fetch 1.4.tar.bz2 from http://
distfiles.macports.org/makeicns
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for makeicns
--->  Extracting makeicns
--->  Configuring makeicns
--->  Building makeicns
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed
Log for makeicns is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphic
s_makeicns/main.log

The following is the last few lines of the main.log:

:info:build collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
:info:build lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//ccIegvdY.out (No
such file or directory)
:info:build make: *** [makeicns] Error 1
:info:build shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphic
s_makeicns/work/makeicns" && /usr/bin/make " returned error 2
:error:build Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed
:debug:build Backtrace: shell command failed
     while executing
"command_exec build"
     (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
     invoked from within
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:build Warning: the following items did not execute (for
makeicns): org.macports.activate org.macports.build
org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:build Log for makeicns is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphic
s_makeicns/main.log

-Bill