ruby 1.9.2 uninstall error

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 16:52:55 PDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 5:28 AM, Alin Popa <alin.popa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I've installed the macport for ruby 1.9.2 (in fact it was upgraded, from
> 1.9.1 to 1.9.2) and when trying to uninstall it (port uninstall ruby19
> @1.9.2-p0_1+nosuffix), I get: --->  Uninstalling ruby19 @1.9.2-p0_1+nosuffix
> Error: port uninstall failed: list element in braces followed by
> "/cdesc-dig" instead of space
> sudo port uninstall ruby19 @1.9.2-p0_1+nosuffix
> --->  Uninstalling ruby19 @1.9.2-p0_1+nosuffix
> Error: port uninstall failed: list element in braces followed by
> "/cdesc-dig" instead of space

I searched the web and found a list of files containing this funky one:
/usr/share/ri/1.9.1/system/Set/dig = {}/cdesc-dig = {}.ri

So perhaps you have a similar "file" somewhere on your system and
macports is being confused by the curly braces and failing.  Could be
a problem with the ruby package?  You could file a ticket.

Scott