Ports applications are not shown to Mac Application menu

Jeff Singleton gvibe06 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 10:23:31 PDT 2010

Ok then ... Go on and try it and let me know how it works out. I've
been using it for awhile now, and it works great, so long as you don't
go in expecting something that it isn't.

It was originally made for wrapping JAR files that may use several
types of scripts to "LAUNCH" the application.  Platypus takes that
"LAUNCH" script and executes it in a Window or Progress Bar.  If your
script only has the command Echo "some words" in it, then that is what
you can expect in the launcher window, else, if that launch script is
used to kick off something else, then it does so.  It does not create
a GUI for your application, nor does it provide a integrated
development environment...if your script didn't work manually when
launched via Terminal, then Platypus isn't going to help.

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Brandon S Allbery KF8NH