'claws-mail' re-installed, and now runs

dushanm at spinn.net dushanm at spinn.net
Wed Aug 25 09:08:10 PDT 2010

Brandon S Allbery KF8NH <allbery at kf8nh.com> wrote:
> The "open" command only supports application bundles (*.app), not
> terminal-based commands that get installed in /opt/local/bin.  Just run
> the command directly.

After re-installing 'claws-mail' and then typing its name in Terminal, as
you instructed, it now runs.  Even then it was playing coy, tho: As soon
as I hit Enter, a new window appeared and immediately shrank and dove to
the Dock.  If I'd missed that by blinking, I'd still be scratching my head.
But X11's menu was up, so from its Window entry I could bring 'claws-mail'
back into view.  Now to try it out and learn how to operate it.

Thank you much for all your help.

 - Dushan