Cannot MAKE anything

Dave Armstrong ukprototype at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 09:29:28 PDT 2010

It's interesting that you don't have those files on your system.
Yes, I am unable to install anything with macports. With this example:

daves-macbook:~ dave$ sudo port install git-core
--->  Computing dependencies for git-core
--->  Dependencies to be installed: curl curl-ca-bundle perl5 perl5.8
libidn gettext expat libiconv gperf ncurses ncursesw openssl zlib
pkgconfig p5-error rsync popt
--->  Building perl5.8
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed
Log for perl5.8 is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_perl5.8/main.log

I've copied the log file to: http://pastebin.com/qGeLHGNL

What jumps out at me are the lines looking for these files that do not exist.

Hope this makes things a little clearer.

Dave A.