Problem creating RPM Binary Packages that work..

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 09:40:32 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 2:41 PM, John Puffs <johnnypuffs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
> Thanks for the answers. Seems totally understandable to me..
> I do have other package managers I use for my Linux box. Unfortunately one
> of my hosting servers is fairly old with Fedora 8 and Plesk as the hosting
> management system. I can't upgrade Fedora without breaking Plesk and there
> really aren't too many current packages for F8. I have 100 clients on that
> machine so I'm kinda stuck with it. Oh well..
> Thanks again!

This is getting a bit off topic I guess, but...

The thing is, you are wanting to package your own "custom" RPMs with
macports... which doesn't really work, but you could just package your
own RPMs with a linux rpm builder, maybe "rpmbuild" is the command?
And then install those on your server.  Or just compile from source on
your server...

So your question just seems a bit strange to me, but maybe I am
missing some sort of subtlety...

Scott