Port can't be deactivated, although deps also deactivated

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed Aug 25 14:21:20 PDT 2010

It looks like I am deadlocked deactivating dependent ports:
markos-imac:makeicns marko$ sudo port deactivate kmymoney
--->  Deactivating kmymoney
--->  Unable to uninstall/deactivate kmymoney @1.0.5_6, the following ports depend on it:
--->  	kmm_banking @1.0_1
Error: port deactivate failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on kmymoney first.
markos-imac:makeicns marko$ sudo port deactivate kmm_banking
--->  Deactivating kmm_banking
markos-imac:makeicns marko$ sudo port deactivate kmymoney
--->  Deactivating kmymoney
--->  Unable to uninstall/deactivate kmymoney @1.0.5_6, the following ports depend on it:
--->  	kmm_banking @1.0_1
Error: port deactivate failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on kmymoney first.
markos-imac:makeicns marko$
…
As can be seen above the first try to deactivate kmymoney fails since there are dependent ports.
Once the dependent port kmm_banking is deactivated one might believe that in a next step kmymoney should be deactivate-able, but this is not the case, unfortunately.

Looks like one would have to use a "force"-option here… Or am I doing something wrong?