Force Macports to use XQuartz as X11 dependency

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Mon Aug 30 12:04:53 PDT 2010

On Aug 30, 2010, at 10:43, Jeff Singleton wrote:

> Ok .. So what if I opted to not install the system X11 and then
> installed XQuartz from MacOSForge via DMG.  Could I just make some Env
> Variables to point Libs/Includes/Path for X11 to /opt/X11?

As mentioned, in the link below, MacPorts will use its own copies of libraries where available.  This is not just limited to X11 and includes other libraries like libcurl, ncurses, bzip2, zlip, ...

You are free to use whatever X11 server you want (meaning /Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app or /Applications/MacPorts/X11.app)