'claws-mail' re-installed, now runs

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 30 16:50:46 PDT 2010

On Aug 30, 2010, at 17:53, dushanm at spinn.net wrote:

> At the moment, tho, I'm stuck because when I try to start 'claws-mail',
> instead of it starting I get the Terminal message
> Xlib: No protocol specified
> (claws-mail:72561): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0
> My '~/.profile' already has
> # To run X11 apps, we need:
> export DISPLAY=:0.0

I don't recall what version of Mac OS X you have, but if it's Leopard or newer, you probably want to remove this "export DISPLAY=:0.0" line from your ~/.profile. Mac OS X Leopard and newer include an auto-start X11 mechanism that sets DISPLAY to the appropriate value for you automatically; you're disabling that mechanism by setting DISPLAY yourself.