Qt4 Poll

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Aug 31 09:07:15 PDT 2010

On 2010-08-31 16:53 , Frank Schima wrote:
> I use Qt4 and PyQt4 every day. Ultimately I just care if PyQt4 works.
> However, the Mac way is to use Frameworks and python26 and above use
> it. I don't see how py26-pyqt4 will work without a framework build of
> Qt4, but I don't actually know either way.

The only reason we ever switched to frameworks with python25 was to get
pythonw running. Otherwise that was only causing lots of troubles with
the paths as dependents were not using the correct way to determine
installation directories.

Frameworks ought to be _relocatable_ and that is one of the main purpose
of them. But we are not able to provide this with MacPorts. So it's not
a reason to stick to a framework just because we are on a Mac.

Rainer