problem building petsc port

Frédéric Dubois Frederic.Dubois at univ-montp2.fr
Thu Dec 2 23:35:22 PST 2010

Hello,
For a mysterious reason I am not able to generate petsc package on my
mac (os 10.6.x)
As suggested I had a look to the main.log file.
It seems that the problem comes from the configuration stage.
When I modify slightly the macport generated command it works !!
For example here I only need to add
"--with-fc=/opt/local/bin/openmpif90" to the
configure.py options of petsc to make it work.
And at the end I was able to build the package by hand.
But finally I don't know how to put the build library in the macport
filesystem (/opt/local/xxx).

I guess that the best should be that macport do the job by itself but
I don't understand how I can tell macport to add this option ...

Any idea ?

--
Frédéric Dubois, Eng, PhD
LMGC - UMR CNRS 5508