how long does it take to build gcc45?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 8 12:10:14 PST 2010

On Dec 8, 2010, at 14:04, Gabriele Kahlout wrote:

> I'm not sure if I tripped on the same problem you are describing.
> I've the following problem: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4391192/why-do-i-get-cc1plus-error-unrecognized-command-line-option-arch
>
> Essentially -arch option is not accepted in gcc45.

The answer provided on your Stack Overflow question is correct. No FSF release of gcc (e.g. the ports gcc46, gcc45, gcc44, gcc43, gcc42, gcc41, gcc40) recognizes the -arch switch. Only Apple's specially modified versions of gcc supplied with Xcode support that option.

If you are getting that error when building a port, it's still likely a bug in that port, so a ticket should be filed.