Compiling PythonMagick with MacPorts python, imagemagick, boost?

Leonard Lin lhl at randomfoo.net
Wed Dec 8 13:09:24 PST 2010

On 12/8/10 11:54 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> configure:14932: result:   results of the Python check:
>> configure:14934: result:     Binary:      python configure:14936:
>> result:     Library:     python configure:14938: result:
>> Include Dir: no configure:14950: checking whether the Boost::Python
>> library is available configure:14980: g++ -c -g -O2  conftest.cpp
>> >&5 conftest.cpp:23:36: error: boost/python/module.hpp: No such
>> file or directory
>
> Here, -I/opt/local/include is clearly missing from the compile line;
> try adding -I/opt/local/include to your CPPFLAGS. I expect you'll
> also want -L/opt/local/lib in the LDFLAGS.

Hmm, so in the config, BOOST_CPPFLAGS and BOOST_LDFLAGS were set w/ the
-I and -L but the bare CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS weren't.  I manually added
the flags to the Makefiles and so it finds the .hpp files.  However it
throws errors looking for the python.h Python headers.

Sure enough, there don't seem to be any (they should be in
/opt/local/include/python2.7 right?).  I'm looking to see if there's an
equivalent to python-devel (or if there was some python27 variant I
missed) but can't seem to find it.  Do you know by off chance how to get
the python headers installed?

Thanks,

..