mac port Uninstall -- Unable to uninstall/deactive

kevin beckford chiggsy at lazyweb.ca
Thu Dec 9 05:54:18 PST 2010

> Warning: It appears you have MacPorts or Fink installed.
> Software installed with MacPorts and Fink are known to cause problems.
> If you experience issues try uninstalling these tools.
> Error: No available formula for bzip2

I'd be quite interested in what gave that error.  That's a pretty sweeping
statement, to tell someone to uninstall hours of compiled code if they
experience "issues", especially since macports by default should be in
/opt/local, and if you are installing bzip2, which you don't need to , it's
in /usr/bin/bzip2, although that is the osX - BSD version, it should be
aiming for /usr/local...