yelp will not install

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Sat Dec 11 15:57:20 PST 2010

Am 12.12.2010 um 00:31 schrieb Daniel J. Luke:

> On Dec 11, 2010, at 5:57 PM, Keith J. Schultz wrote:
>>
>> When I executed sudo port install yelp
>> port started installing a lot of port that where already installed as universals. Then it first computed the dependancies for
>> yelp and said it can not install yelp because there is no i386 version of nss!
>>
>> 1) I did not ask for a yelp+universal in the first place!
>
> are you sure? You don't have it set in your variants.conf?
	I have not changed /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf
	checked just comments.

cat /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf
# To specify global variants to use for all port builds,
# customize this file to list variant settings you want.
#
# Any variants specified here that are not supported by
# a port will just be ignored. Multiple variants can be
# specified per line, or one per line is also allowed.
#
# Example:
# +ipv6 +no_x11

>> 2) yelps port file must be hosed!
>
> possibly, but probably not. It's really impossible for anyone to help diagnose what happened without the verbose log from port.
here it comes
quayjay$ sudo port -v install yelp
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for yelp...
Error: Cannot install xulrunner for the arch(s) 'i386' because
Error: its dependency nss does not build for the required arch(s) by default
Error: and does not have a universal variant.
Error: Unable to execute port: architecture mismatch
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

sudo port -v install yelp +universal