No application when installing gimp2

Russe macports at russe.de
Sat Feb 6 09:37:38 PST 2010

Thanks for your hint about the gimp-app port. I installed this port
and now there's the gimp application in the macports folder.

Unfortunately when starting gimp (double click on the application)
will crash after some seconds. The menu and the tools are visible for
some seconds and then gimp crashes. As well I noticed another window
starting with gimp which has the name "gimp-2.6" in the dock, this
window will abort as well.

Do you have any idea what's wrong here?