ProFTPD | Add group and user FTP

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 05:58:57 PST 2010

I just added ProFTPD and I am adjusting the ProFTPD configuration file. I
need to add ftp user and group. I went to system preferences > accounts and
added group ftp. When I wanted to add user ftp it said the name was already
reserved. I decided to abort and remove newly created group fpt.. So I guess
a user ftp is already there. How can I check this from the command line? I
am reading man dseditgroup as groupadd/useradd does not seem to be a valid
command on my Mac. Haven't found a way to list all groups on the system yet
though...