KDE4 port?

Nicolas Pavillon nicos_pavlov at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 8 16:12:49 PST 2010

Hello,

To my knowledge, you don't have any kde3 port in Macports. KDE is made out of different parts, and the ones you need to install depend on your needs. Installing kdelibs4 will give you the basic framework for applications, and kdebase4 will provide the KDE basic applications, such as dolphin or kappfinder.

Having a kde4 port would not mean much, since it would require to define a default behaviour to provide to users, and potentially installing many things they don't need. If you want kde for a specific application, Macports will anyway install the needed components.

Cheers,

Nicolas