Issue with iconv on 10.4

Allan Rowe allan at almartin.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 16:21:11 PST 2010

I cannot seem to get iconv working on my mac.

Tiger 10.4.11
Apache 2
php5.3

both installed via macports with no issues on installation.

I am using Zend Framework and this requires iconv.

So I installed p5-text-iconv via macports

sudo port install p5-text-iconv

Installed fine, no errors reported.
However PHP5 doesn't seem to be accessing it.

If I run the following commands I get these results.

man p5-text-iconv
No manual entry for p5-text-iconv

apropos p5-text-iconv
p5-text-iconv: nothing appropriate

which p5-text-iconv
no p5-text-iconv in /opt/subversion/bin/ /Library/Frameworks/
Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /opt/
local/bin

locate p5-text-iconv
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/perl/
p5-text-iconv
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/perl/
p5-text-iconv/Portfile

not sure what this means.

can anyone help me get this running?

Thanks in advance