install of old version of php5-postgresql also installs newest mysql5?

awmartin awmartin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 20:00:22 PST 2010

I'm attempting to install an older version of the php5-postgresql extension
(v 5.3.0_2) using portfile found at
http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/php/php5-postgresql/Portfile?rev=54571

When I download the Portfile and run 'sudo port install +postgresql83', the
installer attempts to install the latest version of mysql5, which is version
5.1.42_0. I don't want this to happen, since I need MySQL version 5.0 for
Rails.

I don't understand what the Postgre PHP extention has to do with MySQL. What
can I do to install php5-postgresql without installing the newest version of
MySQL?

Thanks.